Wednesday 21 December 2022

Autumnal Magic

 A Glimpse of Beauty in Decay.

As I walked through the rust-colored woods on a crisp autumn morning, the sun just beginning to peek through. The leaves on the trees were mostly on the ground making the path a thick carpet of fallen leaves. I could hear the crunch of my boots on the leaves as I made my way down the winding path that led to the lake.

As I approached the lake, I could see that the water was frozen solid, the surface covered with a thin layer of snow. In the center of the lake, there was a small island, and on the island stood an imposing old church. It was built of stone and had a steeple that reached towards the sky. The windows were stained glass, and the doors were heavy oak.

I walked out onto the frozen lake, the ice creaking beneath my feet. As I got closer to the island, I could see that the church was in a state of disrepair. The roof was missing tiles, and the stone walls were covered in ivy and moss. Despite its dilapidated state, the church had a certain charm and beauty about it.

I stood in front of the church for a moment, admiring the way the sunlight filtered through the stained glass windows and cast a warm, golden glow on the interior. The church was silent and still, as if it were waiting for something or someone to come and bring it back to life.

As I turned to leave, I couldn't help but feel a sense of sadness. The church on an island in a frozen lake was a beautiful and peaceful place, but it seemed to be forgotten and left to decay. I could only hope that one day, someone would come along and restore it to its former glory.

No comments: